Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Thousand Words

Good Morning Blogverse!
I am thinking that I should just call myself RantLady... I think it's a more appropriate name for me.. I rant about what ever strikes me as unusual, or wrong in the world.. like today.. today I have a rant.
Words. Now really, the majority of my friends and family all went to the same schools.. hell most of us had the same teachers.. so why, oh why, is it that they use words that don't exist? why?

Ok, in fairness.. I say ain't.. I admit it. It's not a proper conjunction.. it ain't.. but it's easier to say than isn't.. I guess.. I don't know.. again it's MYYYY blog and we all know that the blogger is always right, right? that's right. Do as I SAY, not as I DOO people!! lol

Anyway, this rant started upon my trip home to Wyoming. Again, they all have the same basic education that I did.. why is it that my mother can NOT for the life of her, say WASHington? it's WARSHington.. I bet I said " There is no R in Wash" a hundred times... seriously.. what is so fucking hard about that? ooh ooh and the town of Evenston is, to my mother, EvinGston.. But again, in fairness We all pronounce Kemmerer, as Kemmer, and Dubois, as DooBoys... aargh..

Then I visit Vickie, one of my Oldest and Dearest friends... who informed me that her mother had attempted to serve her "BOUGHTEN" jam, rather than home made...
My response was " did you just say BOUGHTEN?".. she said " yeah BOUGHTEN".. I said " do you mean store bought?".. she said "Yeah BOUGHTEN".. I think I laughed for 20 minutes.. and of course gave her a metric shit ton of abuse about it for the rest of the trip..

We discussed it and came up with some other funny "Wyomingisms" ( again in fairness, I'm sure most communities have such isms too) such as:

"Bein Have"... that would be BEHAVING... lol

"Fibbin"... telling a fib.. or a little white lie

"Mondy, Tuesdy, Wednesdy.." you get the idea.. there are no DAYS in the days of the week there..

"Lawnd".. my mom waters her "lawnd".. I almost peed...

and an all time favorite ( which I happen to know is not just a regional thing, a friend of my daughters came up from Cali once and said the same thing and I about shit myself)...

So EE Sauce... yep that's Soy sauce..

oh I did have fun, looking and sounding like an elitist bitch while in Wyoming.. Ain't it FUN!!!??? Well Ain't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment